BRAND NEW (and I can't touch it)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by i1alian085, Dec 2, 2008.

1. i1alian085 macrumors member

2.4Ghz 2gb ram 250 gb hard drive mbp picked it up today for 1799 at my univeristy - and i can't open it till christmas!!!!

2. jgo78 macrumors 6502

what's worse is you won't know if you have any of the problems/issues others are talking about until christmas.

If i were you, i would check it out before christmas and if it's good then put it back happily knowing you have a good one. If it's not good, then you won't be disappointed at christmas after waiting so long.

3. DAAAAAAAVE macrumors regular

DAAAAAAAVE

HAHAHAHAHA
    Unlucky man. You could always try the early present excuse. Haha my parents are trippers. They didn't buy me anything for my birthday and now they are just like "What do you want for christmas? We can go pick up some stuff this weekend so you have it for all of the holidays". There are to many messed up rules with presents

4. Tex-Twil macrumors 68020

Tex-Twil

I bought a late 08 MB to my girlfriend and she'll receive it today ... but no openning till christmans :p

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Commiserations to the OP, but at least you know and are happy with what your present/gift actually is. Surely, some of the pleasure in receiving such a gift (even if from oneself) is anticipation? Delayed gratification? Well, it is, for me, at times. Waiting and anticipation are a part of the eventual enjoyment of the gift.

Cheers and good luck

6. amoda macrumors 6502a

Maybe mention lost productivity of waiting or the whole, it's better if we find problems now and ask for a replacement than wait and deal with repairs?

It's rare but people do get machines that are faulty right out of the box. It'd be easier to deal with it the day of purchase than 3 weeks later where it'd be harder to prove.

7. AboveTheChaos macrumors regular

I would definitely check it out now and see if you have any issues. Unfortunately Apple's QA isn't what it used to be. I had a problems with my first 2 and one was a big old red pixel in the center of the screen. It annoyed the hell out of me. Just check to make sure it's ok and then put it back so when you do finally get to christmas you can enjoy it. You'd hate to open it on christmas when the stores are closed and can't do anything about it. Once you get a perfect one, though you'll be thrilled.

8. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Trust me, I know how you feel. :D

And don't worry about it being messed up, just open it on Christmas. Chances are it will be fine.

Although I hate it, I think that part of enjoying a gift is waiting for it.

9. macrem macrumors 65816

macrem

No eff'in way, you don't let technology sit idle that long for tradition IMO ;)

10. Compile 'em all macrumors 601

Compile 'em all

this is mind boggling. why did you buy it if you are not going to use it?

man, people are strange.

11. bobfitz14 macrumors 65816

bobfitz14

i would suggest you don't visit this site daily until christmas for two reasons.

12. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

It sounds like Chinese water torture, I hope there's another package containing a 4GB memory upgrade.

13. Sirus2400 macrumors regular

Yeah, it'll probably be obsolete by then ;)

14. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

Waiting stinks, but it's only 21 days away now :)

15. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

Boo freaking hoo!!!

I'm stuck with the old one!!!!!! Waahhhhhhhhhh wahhhhhh...

16. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

At least you know that you have a great present and don't have to wait to see if your parents got you a crappy gift.