Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rcorai

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 18, 2011
Argentina
Hi,

I just received an Apple Pencil and it's connected to my iPad PRO. But I can't draw or write nothing. It simply doesn't work.

I tried different things to make it works but the problem persists. Any idea what could be the problem?

Bubble99

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2015
Hi,

I just received an Apple Pencil and it's connected to my iPad PRO. But I can't draw or write nothing. It simply doesn't work.

I tried different things to make it works but the problem persists. Any idea what could be the problem?

The apple Pencil only works with iPad pro one not the other one's if that is what you are using.

lauramayer

macrumors regular
Apr 5, 2016
I'm using it on iPad PRO 9.7.

Do you charge the Apple Pencil before you use it? Which side of the pencil do use use to draw?

If they are new, bring them back to Apple or make an appointment for an "One to One" workshop.

Last edited:

jrs22

macrumors 6502
Aug 1, 2012
If you checked the connection in settings and tried a pencil-enabled app then maybe you have a dud. The apple notes app that comes with the iPad can work with the pencil so you can test it there. You need to choose the drawing option though. It's the squiggle on the bottom of the note.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.