Brand new battery's capacity quickly downgrading, is it normal?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jumbb, Jan 20, 2013.

1. jumbb macrumors regular

Hi, I have a 2009 13'' MBP. My battery needed to be replaced so I got it changed at an authorized service provider (since there's no Genius Bar in my country)
    After two days of using it, the battery capacity is already down to 96%, and the battery is not really lasting that long (Three hours with no applications running).
    I opened my mac to make sure it is indeed an authentic apple battery and it is, is it all of this normal? Or should I go get it fixed?
    Thanks for your help!

I'm attaching the Coconut Battery diagnosis:

Screen Shot 2013-01-20 at 9.58.21 PM.png

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link.

There are many factors that impact your battery life. See the BATTERY LIFE FROM A CHARGE section of the following link for details, including tips on how to maximize your battery life.

The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

3. jumbb thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks a lot!