Brand new Failing to Mount and freeze

Discussion in 'iPod' started by iMetalG5, Jul 28, 2007.

1. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

Just got a vid iPod the other day to replace my black one my short hair pointer chewed up :mad:

anyway i think i might just exchange it since its only 4 days old. my new iPod fails to mount when i attach it to my macbook pro and sometimes when i listen to it - it just freezes. I have to do a soft reset to get out of the freeze.

I have done a full restore but it still fails to mount. the only way to force it to mount is to do a soft reset while its attached...suggestions?

2. .Andy macrumors 68030

.Andy

If it's so new I really wouldn't bother struggling with it. With a full restore you should be good to go. The only other thing you might like to try is mounting and pairing it with another mac to see if it's not a problem with your MBP (albeit unlikely). It'll just give you a bit more intellectual currency when you go back to the store.

3. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

well back to the store for an exchange then. weird...

4. iMetalG5 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ok, so the store said there is nothing wrong with my iPod and they did a full restore. they want me to try it another week to see how it goes.

should i just go to another store and just return it and re-buy it somewhere else (best buy) because i don't understand why they just won't exchange it. they kept saying that "its a known issue" and that "there is nothing wrong with your iPod" :mad:

i told them I did a full restore once already but they want to try it again.