Brand new iMac screen question

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mebythesea, Dec 28, 2013.

1. mebythesea macrumors newbie

Hello,

I have a brand new iMac and I just noticed that there are 5 little dots on the screen that look like crystals almost...they are multicoloured when I look closely at them. They are tiny, and don't bother me that much...yet. The are just to the left of the very centre of the screen. Is this a normal? They aren't the white dots that a couple of other posters asked about.

Thanks so much ~

mebythesea

2. Johnf1285 macrumors 6502a

Johnf1285

Sounds like some sort of dust or debris that happened to get laminated between the glass and actual LCD panel during manufacturing.

Dead pixels tend to stay one particular color: white or black and stuck pixels stay red, blue, or green. Some sort of foreign material will have a sort of rainbow shimmering effect when viewed closely at different angles as opposed to remaining one particular color. Either way, this sounds like a defective screen and the iMac should be replaced considering how new it is.

I had the same issue with my iMac. It was only a few days old so Apple sent a replacement while I hung on to the original to avoid any downtime.

Reach out to Apple and see what they can do. Their customer service is top notch. They allowed me to keep the defective iMac while the replacement shipped and also refunded the 2 day shipping charge from the original order.