Brand New iMac - Stuck Pixel

Discussion in 'iMac' started by covertsurfer, May 4, 2008.

1. covertsurfer macrumors 6502a

Hi

I took the plunch and bought a new 3.06Ghz iMac yesterday. Last night I spotted a stuck pixel. On white backgrounds its pink, green backgrounds its black so I don't think its dead.

I have tried running the PixelMurder.mov and the JScreen fix but its still there.

Are there any other ideas, I can't pressurise the LCD as its got the glass in front of it.

Will Apple replace this iMac for one stuck pixel? Its not that annoying but I know its there and when I pay for something like this I expect it to be near as perfect.

2. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

You are still within the 14-day return period.

Call Apple for a replacement. You should be ok.

3. badcrc32 macrumors regular

I got one too this blows, 1 day old.

4. covertsurfer thread starter macrumors 6502a

I decided that although it wasn't a big deal that it was just annoying that I knew it was there so took the 60 mile trip to the store and replaced it today.

5. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

You made the right choice. Better exchange it now then wait for the 14-day period to expire, because after that the warranty clauses for replacement/repair will apply from there on.

6. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

I'm glad to hear you got it sorted but I was going to suggest that it did not sound like a stuck/dead pixel to me. I had the exact same color shifting "pixel" from a dust particle stuck under the glass panel.

At any rate I would have recommended you bring it back to Apple. Getting the panel on and off without getting dust stuck underneath is not an easy task, apparently.