brand new imac, wobbly arm

Discussion in 'iMac' started by npnovice, Jun 30, 2013.

1. npnovice macrumors newbie

Just received my brand new imac. From the refurbished site.
    Haven't even plugged it in. But the attachment from the arm to the screen is wobbly and loose. It holds the position when you angle it but it feels very loose and any slight movement causes the screen to wobble, like the bobble head dolls they sell at baseball parks.

I have the current 27 inch imac at work and had the previous 27 inch at work also, so my immediate perception is not without precedence..

I talked to apple and they suggested going to the local store, but don't have an appointment until Wednesday. I did go down there and talk to them and obviously they need to take it apart to fix, but say it's an easy fix.

But not sure what that really will do to my return policy if I find other issues once I actually plug it in and turn it on about 10 days after the official purchase date. My gut says just send it back.

What would you do?

2. TyPod macrumors 68000

TyPod

I would definitely have them fix it. If there are other problems down the road have them fix it again. Not likely, but that's what I do. Hope you get the wobbly base fixed, best of luck!

3. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

Refurbs are supposedly thoroughly checked before being sold and usually arrive in pristine condition. If they missed something as obvious as a wobbly arm who knows what else they might have overlooked. I say at least plug it in and check it out for any other problems and then make a decision on returning. A different unit may also have issues but at these prices I'd take my chances on receiving another one.