"BRAND NEW" iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacBpro, Apr 3, 2011.

1. MacBpro macrumors member

Helped my friend to get another ipad 2 from apple store. The staff told me there is only one left - 64GB WIFI but the seal was broken. He let me see the packing and everything was there including the protective wrap on the ipad. I called my friend and let him know the situation and he said ok because it was for personal use.

Got it and send to my friend. Once he opened, and tried to activate the ipad. He found out the iPad2 was activated :eek: and has been customized!!!

even though we can erase all the data and customize it again, but if it is open box, the staff better to let the customer know. My friend though I did the activation for him without asking :mad: ...

2. ea9 macrumors regular

Definitely uncool. If it's going to bother your friend, return it, they should have stock for exchange.

3. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Agree on uncool!

I would, at the least, wipe your device before your friend starts using it.

4. C N Reilly macrumors regular

Return it without even thinking twice. The Apple Stores have new iPads stored in the back meant solely for exchanges.

Worst-case scenario is that they're out of those too, and your friend will just have to wait a couple weeks before returning it (during which time I would absolutely keep using it; just make sure the clerk at the Apple Store puts your complaint into the computer system before you leave the first time).

5. Muscleflex macrumors 6502

Yeah. Don't use it and return it quick. I had the wrapping on mine still when I returned mine. It's easy for people to put the pad back in it's wrapping if they were careful with it. You don't want to pay new for a second hand.

6. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

Apparently what happened is that the previous purchaser activated the unit without removing the protective wrap. Then for some reason returned it without telling the Apple Rep that he had activated it. The Rep that you talked to never knew that it had been activated.

I would return it and politely explain the situation and get a replacement before showing it to your friend.