Brand new iPad (Third Generation) Dust under the screen

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Cwbh10, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Cwbh10 macrumors newbie

Today I noticed that my quite new iPad had a bit of dust under the screen; note it is not under the screen protector. Being very picky about my electronics and having Apple OCD, this situation is killing me (not literally).
    Would it be possible to return this to Apple and possibly get a new one (Annoyingly, this iPad is engraved by Apple), and is there a way the dust maybe be removed?

Thanks

2. ewo1992 macrumors regular

ewo1992

How long ago did you buy it. Take it into the store, it cant hurt to try.

3. Cwbh10 thread starter macrumors newbie

I got it pre-ordered, but I opened it about 2 weeks ago.

4. ewo1992 macrumors regular

ewo1992

It's to late to return it for no reason, but go to the store and try to get it replaced.If it is really bad they will replace it but if it is very minor it's totally up to the person checking it. If they say they won't replace it try a different apple store.

5. apple4kim macrumors member

apple4kim

Apple store is very nice about returns, exchanges... because they can still make money by selling you three iPads for the price of one.

6. henhowc macrumors regular

They are usually pretty liberal about exchanges. Some people have said that they have an unofficial one exchange policy. But like people said, its usually up to the discretion of the genius rep you get. There are sometimes some very draconian employees (not just at Apple) that refuse to let you do a swap unless its a super blatant issue.

But like someone said...try another Apple store or ask to speak to a manager. The manager bit usually gets things done. Be nice and calm but firm. Being your stereotypical irrate customer can hurt more than it helps.

7. Mikes2pads macrumors regular

I would guess you would get an exchange. They want people happy with the device. Tell it bothers you being in your sight .

8. Cwbh10 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm flying back tomorrow so I don't think I'll get a chance to get it to a Genius Bar in time... Does AppleCare+ cover things like this? I did buy AppleCare+ so I was wondering if when I get home I'll be able to still take back.