Brand New iPhone 2G, iOS 1.0 Activation Help?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by hackerwayne, Jun 15, 2013.

1. hackerwayne macrumors 6502a

hackerwayne

Got 2 brand new iPhone 2G on my hand, running iOS 1.0 (yes 1.0! No jokes!).

The problem is I can't get them to activate. Is there a way to hacktivate the phone? iLiberty+ and WinPwn can't do it. Currently its stuck at "Activate iPhone" "connect to iTunes"

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There was no tool ever made to hacktivate iOS 1.X. I suggest leaving one or both at iOS 1 as it is extremely hard almost impossible to restore an iPhone 2G to iOS 1.0.

3. hackerwayne thread starter macrumors 6502a

hackerwayne

One came with iOS 1 the other came with iOS 2. I downgraded it with iTunes 7.5 on Windows XP. Bypass 1015 error with iLiberty+ "Jump out of Recovery Mode" and now both stuck on activation screen. iLiberty+ can hacktivate iOS 1.0.2 but not 1.0.

I tried activating it "legally" using a valid AT&T SIM but it says unable to connect to server (due to a AT&T no longer supports iPhone 2G). So is there absolutely no way to bypass the activation screen?

4. kvaughan macrumors member

2 years ago I called AT&T customer service to activate an original iPhone. They had to get a manager to approve adding the original iPhone data plan so I could activate through iTunes.

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There are a few ways that were used to jailbreak iOS 1.1.1 via the phone app. They might work for the older versions as well.

6. hackerwayne thread starter macrumors 6502a

hackerwayne

Any name for the tool? I tried a few old apps non seems to work for iOS 1.0. & I can't call AT&T cuz im not located in the US and i don't have a valid plan/package with AT&T. This SIM card is an old inactive SIM but still does the trick for other phones (eg: 3G, 3GS)

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It wasn't a tool. It was done by pushing buttons on the activation screen via the phone app. Use Google to find out.

8. hackerwayne, Jun 15, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2013

hackerwayne thread starter macrumors 6502a

hackerwayne

Problem solved. I moded iLiberty+ tool and got iOS 1.0 to hacktivate :D Heres some pictures.

Attached Files:

9. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

10. toxic625 macrumors newbie

Same issue think you can help me out??

Same issue think you can help me out?? :)

11. iKaushal macrumors 6502

iKaushal

That's pretty neat...!!

But why would u want to keep it at 1.0?

I also bought a brand new iphone 2G from ebay which was locked.

I just unlocked it for $2 from a ebay seller and then updated it to 3.1.3.

Works just fine with all the possible features available for 2G.

12. semicharmdlifer macrumors newbie

HackerWayne, I also just came into possession of a first gen iPhone. I have followed your steps, along with someone else who created this post: http://thebwain.blogspot.com/2014/01/how-to-downgrade-iphone-2g-to-ios-10.html

I've gotten 97% of the way and gotten stuck. Basically, I got where you got to - trying to activate after successfully getting 1.0 installed. The blog post above gave a link to download an activator for 1.0, which I successfully downloaded and installed into iLiberty. However, after getting my phone into recovery mode and installing the Payload (which SEEMED to work as I saw all the command line zip by on the phone and saw references to iLiberty), I STILL am stuck at the iPhone activation screen. Any help at all as to what you did? I'd be very grateful!!