Brand new iphone 4(white 16gb)Verizon(HELP!!)

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by MackR, Jun 20, 2011.

1. MackR macrumors newbie

I had a freak accident at work. Im a server at aRuby tuesday and when I was pulling out my book to look ring in a order my phone was in the same pocket as my book. I pulled out my book and my phone fell out right into a sanitizer/water bucket. It wasn't full and my phone didn't go completely out of water.

So my screen went out and didn't work. My phone still vibrates when I shut off the sound button. I've had it in rice since saturday. I took it out today and my screen is very dark to the point that I can barely see it. It works fine WHEN I can see it but other times its completely black. My water sensor in my phone jack is still white. I just go the phone last wednesday. What should I do? I have insurance but it doesn't cover water damage. Should I report it stolen and fork up the 170$ to get a new one?

Would someone please help me? I've fallen in love with the new iphone 4 and not sure what to do :(

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Pay $199 for an out of warranty reoplacement. Or explain what happened to a Genius and hope for a nice one.

3. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Thats all you can do.

4. MackR thread starter macrumors newbie

So the best way to go is to report it stolen?

5. 87am macrumors regular

Yes. I find the best way to salvage any ****** situation is to commit fraud.

6. flipster macrumors 6502a

No. Either way, its gonna be like $200.

You said the water sensor is still white, so technically it's not water damaged. They'll probably just replace it for free anyway. My friend shattered her 3GS and they gave her a new one no questions asked..