Brand New Iphone 4s

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by unusualyxpected, Nov 28, 2011.

1. unusualyxpected macrumors newbie

I recently bought an Iphone 4s. Works great except that it won't connect to my computer/itunes via USB.

When I plug both in, it makes the 'ping' noise and the charge screen comes up, so I know there is at least some level of connection. However it isn't being recognized by my computer or itunes and doesn't show up as a device connected.

My ipod was stolen a few months ago, but it was able to connect to my itunes.

On a related note, for a long time now (2 years?), both of my USB ports on my Macbook Pro (v.10.5.8, 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2 GB 1067 MHz DDR3) have been faulty. I'm not sure when it happened, but they both stopped working consistently. However, I rarely needed them and only used it for a mouse, which when repeatedly plugged in, eventually would work.

Furthermore, on that side, the headphone jack is also there and takes a lot of tweaking to get to work.

Is it a hardware issue with my Mac? And what do I do to fix this? I'd rather not go to the store and get the computer taken apart and redone. Is there an app that would allow me to connect to itunes wirelessly?

Thanks for the help.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, sounds like a hardware issue with your computer.
    Try plugging the iphone on any other computer and if its recognized fine then its your computer with the USB problems.