Brand new iPhone 5S defective

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jewels21, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Jewels21 macrumors newbie

I upgraded to an iPhone 5s from an iPhone 4s that died. I was debating between that and a Samsung Galaxy and could only afford the iPhone. At first I really liked it but then it started acting weird. It freezes up on home screen so I can't see other icons, it freezes on icons, it shuts icons down while I'm using them, and last night was the worst. I edit a lot of pictures and my iPhone was acting possessed by messing up my editing changes. I called the place where I bought it and they mentioned a $35 restocking fee and $40 for the Samsung Galaxy. Plus, the big selling point for the iPhone was that I can transfer everything from one iPhone to the other. He said you can't with a Samsung. When I called customer service last night another guy told me he could and would show me how.
    Help! I don't know what to do!

2. famoussasjohn macrumors 6502a

famoussasjohn

I'd recommend speaking with a manager/superviser at the place you bought it from and asking to do an exchange since the phone is defective. They shouldn't be charging a restocking fee. Have you tried doing a restore and seeing if that helps resolve the issue?

3. jenni122701 macrumors regular

jenni122701

The phone choice is just entirely up to you, but I can say for sure that what you describe with the iPhone 5S is NOT normal at all. If you stick with iPhone, def get a replacement device. My new 5S has been perfect, I love it. <3

4. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

If you restored your iPhone 5s from the 4s backup, that could very well be the problem. You should restore the 5s as new and start fresh.

5. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If it's defective and still under warranty, you should be able to swap it out at the Apple Store. Restore as new first to rule out a corrupted backup.