Brand New iPhone 6+ and Blue Screen / Reboot

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jdag, Jul 14, 2015.

1. jdag macrumors 6502a

I picked up a brand new iPhone 6+ 64gb for my niece last night at Best Buy. The phone is the Verizon model.

We upgraded the phone to iOS 8.4, accepted the Carrier Update prompt, and restored the phone from her most recent backup (which was done about 2 hours prior off of her old iPhone 5).

About 2 hours later, she experienced a blue screen, then an immediate reboot. At the time she was using the SnapChat app. I don't know which other apps may have been open in the background.

Any ideas what might have caused this? Is it something to be concerned about (i.e. - should I return the phone)?

She and I talked about doing a reset and just setting up as a new phone without restoring from backup, but would rather not do so if it can be avoided.

Thanks in advance.

2. skiltrip macrumors 68030

When I first got my 6+ in December (unlocked T-Mobile) I experienced one blue screen and reboot. Didn't have any others, but I ended up swapping it for a 6 after a week or so, due to size. That blue screen reboot was very weird. After 7 months with my 6, I haven't seen anything like that though.

3. Cutiekitty92 macrumors 65816

Cutiekitty92

I would probably take it back and ask for a replacement, I've never ever had a blue screen problem (touch wood) in all my iPhones I've ever owned

4. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Make sure you are aware of the date at which Best Buy must give you a refund as they are not know for replacing a device unless you can duplicate the problem. You have so many days that YOU are in the "drivers seat" .