Brand new iPhone 7 plus failed..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rbtrucking, Mar 22, 2017.

1. Rbtrucking macrumors member

Has this happened to anyone, if so any ideas on how to fix it? I just got a new iPhone 7 plus last night and everything was going ok until this morning. I go to check my notifications/time and all that and when I turn the screen on, it just starts flickering like crazy. After some time it just freezes in an inverted crazy state. I did a hard reset and now all I get is a little backlight for like a minute then it just goes off.

Has anyone had any experience with this, can it be fixed?

2. blaine07 macrumors 65816

That's absolutely not normal. Haven't seen any incidents of such personally. Return to point of purchase ASAP for a replacement.

3. Rbtrucking thread starter macrumors member

Ya, funny thing is this is a replacement unit I got from best buy just yesterday. I'll be taking it to the apple store though because best buy has this ridiculous thing where they can't just give you a replacement from the store, they need to order one and you've gotta be without a phone until the new one arrives.

I've already got an appt with the apple store, just wondering if anyone here may have had a solution.

4. bbrks macrumors 65816

bbrks

just go and take a new phone....there is no better solution :)

5. jetsam macrumors 6502

Just know that the Apple store will most likely give you a refurb, not a new phone. Now, I think Apple refurbs are perfectly fine, but you may not.

6. noobinator macrumors 601

7. Rbtrucking thread starter macrumors member

Ya well as long as they give me one today that works I'll be happy. I'm never doing it at best buy again They have to mail the phone to apple, wait for there response then wait for apple to send a new one out and in the meantime you've got nothing.

8. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

You are right about not trusting Best Buy. I bought a "new" camera from them and got home to find out it was a return and items were not even wrapped in the box. Even the warranty card was filled out. I still had to argue with the manager in front of multiple people to get my money back. They are not to be trusted.

9. C DM macrumors Westmere

You had to argue with them just to return something for a refund? Basically something that you are entitled to for any or no reason at all (short of being outside the return window or perhaps dealing with something like software/media that has some special return/exchange rules).

10. noobinator macrumors 601

BestBuy is truly horrible at returns. I bought a laptop that had the blue screen of death and wouldn't even boot on. I had to argue with the returns employee, who called over Mr. Geek Squad, who told me I ruined this computer I bought 3 hours earlier. I had to request to speak to the manager who also argued with me. Finally after an hour or so of arguing they refunded me. I literally opened the box, tried to turn it on, and then brought it back.

11. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

The manager was more arguing that the camera was not used and that they do not sell used equipment, until I pulled out the warranty card which was filled out and the receipt from the original customer!

12. Relentless Power macrumors P6

Relentless Power

My experiences with Best Buy have been really good with returns over the years with computers/etc. Recently, I purchased some 4K TVs that had dead pixels on both models and they were extremely helpful with the returns without question. They didn't even open the defective units to inspect them or the contents inside the box, and I was out the store with a new set.

Of course everybody's experiences are different and no two stores are likely alike.