Brand new iPhone 7+ tons of crashes.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mellofello, Jan 2, 2017.

1. mellofello macrumors 65816

I have been having really bad lock ups on my 7+. Sometimes I will launch camera and the app will lock my whole phone to the point that the buttons don't even respond. A hard reset seems to fix it, but it is extremely annoying.

Also sometimes happens in iMessage so may not necessarily be coralated to the camera. Anyone else having similar problems?

2. Relentless Power macrumors Core

Relentless Power

When you set up your new iPhone 7 Plus, did you restore from backup or set up as new? This Potentially could be a factor.

3. macTW Suspended

To me, sounds like a hardware issue. Should get a free replacement, if you can capture it on video or have it happen in front of Apple employees.

4. deano1972 macrumors 6502a

deano1972

Could be a software or a hardware issue. I would try a full restore of the OS set up as a new phone before taking it in to exchange it.

5. predation macrumors 6502a

Nothing against you, but Apple should figure out how NOT to have to restore to fix issues.

I know OS's are very complex but when you get to the amount of data where it's a pain in the ass to "restore as new."

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's the first thing they will have you do when you bring it in for repair.
    Restore and Setup as new or keep dealing with the same software bugs. Your choice.

7. C DM macrumors Westmere

That is one of the basic computing troubleshooting steps that will come up with many computer issues if various other less involved steps don't work. It would be nice if Apple could change the world of computing after all these decades, but the reality is that that's not all that realistic.

8. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

One of the big problems is Apple has no way of separately backing up application data. Health data is also in this category. There is NO WAY to restore certain types of data on your phone if you restore as new. None.

Apple really should provide a way to export and import health and app data. I'd happy restore as new if I didn't lose data in the process.

9. mellofello thread starter macrumors 65816

I set it up as a new phone. I suppose I could try restoring.

10. deano1972 macrumors 6502a

deano1972

I would always try a full DFU restore first before swapping my hardware
    Cheers

11. BATman.Berlin macrumors newbie

Apple will replace faulty camera ip7+ free of charge. Some batches have a faulty iSight sensor that creates the mess you are describing. Call Apple, their service is good

12. mellofello thread starter macrumors 65816

I am one of the few with legendary battery life on my 7. I hope I don't trade this one for one with crap life.

13. deano1972 macrumors 6502a

deano1972

That's another good reason why I would try a full DFU restore before taking it in to Apple. The fact that your phone locks up on iMessage as well as the camera suggests it could be software related. If it's still the same after a DFU restore though take it into the Genius Bar.
    Cheers