Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jacquiep

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2007
Hanover, NH
I just received my brand new 8 gb iPod nano from the Apple Store about a week ago. It started giving me problems almost immediately, freezing on certain screens, ejecting itself in the middle of data transfer, etc. I was able to reset it each time and get it working. I also installed the software updates, but there was no improvement. Now it has stopped responding altogether. I charged it fully, but now when I plug it in, my MBP does not recognize it. It also does not respond to being reset anymore. Is there anything else I can do, or does it need to be serviced? :confused: Thanks!

mistyz23

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2007
I am having nearly the same exact problem. I think its the new software update, because minutes before I had not had a single problem and immediately after I can't get my MBP to recognize the nano's existance.

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
I am having nearly the same exact problem. I think its the new software update, because minutes before I had not had a single problem and immediately after I can't get my MBP to recognize the nano's existance.

The software update made mine run better. Try resetting it. If that does not work, exchange it for a new one. Mine runs perfectly and I love it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.