Brand New Ipod Touch 1.1.2 (How Do I Jailbreak It?)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by cecoleman, Dec 4, 2007.

1. cecoleman macrumors regular

My good friend just got a new Ipod Touch and it has the firmware 1.1.2 already on it. How do I Jailbreak 1.1.2? Do you have to downgrade first? Is there a way? Complete instructions would be great.

I've checked the board and all threads have jailbreaking 1.1.1 prior to upgrading to 1.1.2, but nothing about jailbreaking a new 1.1.2.

Any help?

2. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

downgrade to 1.1.1, then go to jailbreakme.com, and have fun!

3. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Well first off, welcome to MR! Glad you are embracing the Mac cult!

Secondly you might want to search just a bit better! There are plenty of topics on jailbreaking the 1.1.2, and don't forget the almighty Google!!!!

Also about 11 threads under this one there is a thread that is entitled "1.1.2 Jailbreak Tutorial"
    I provided the link :)
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=386663

Enjoy and welcome to MR!

4. cecoleman thread starter macrumors regular

So I guess what you are saying is that you do have to downgrade to 1.1.1 in order to pull it off. 1.1.2 is jailbreak proof? I have seen those threads, just none on breaking into .2

5. Texas04 macrumors 6502a

Texas04

Correction, you have seen those threads, and they specifically state that they can break into .2.

But to answer your point, yes, no one has been able to jailbreak 1.1.2 flat out. Downgrade first, prep, upgrade. Still jailbroken.

6. native00 macrumors regular

native00

So, most likely we will have to "prep"for an upgrade whenever Apple puts them out?

Maybe just not upgrade at all?

7. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

well, untill feb, i dont plan to upgrade, regardless of what they relese, 1.1.2 works fine for me, and i might roll back to 1.1.1 becouse it wont synck with itunes

but dont bother to go 1.1.2, its no faster, and its not worth the effort to get it there