brand new ipod touch 8gb but cannot connect to the comp???

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheArnav101, Dec 26, 2009.

1. TheArnav101 macrumors newbie

Just bought a brand new ipod touch for my kiddo but cant connect it to the comp. tried using the apple website but no luck as it is too complicated for me to understand. pls help !!!

2. MythicFrost macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

Can you provide any more details? Is iTunes installed on your computer? What operating system do you use? (Windows XP/Vista/7, (Mac) Leopard/Snow Leopard)
    You should see a white cable that came with the iPod Touch, one end is USB which goes into the computer (generally at the front of a desktop (the box on the groun), or the side of a laptop), the other end which connects to the bottom of the iPod Touch.

Not much else I can say without more information.

3. old-wiz macrumors G3

and I'd suggest starting iTunes before trying to plug in the iPod. You do have iTunes installed right?

4. xlii macrumors 68000

xlii

Install iTunes (download from apple website) and start it.
    plug the white cable that came with the iPod Touch into the usb port on your computer. Plug the other end of that cable into the port on the bottom of the iPod Touch.

Now sit back... it may or may not come up right away. If the Ipod needs to be charged it will take a few minutes for iTunes to mount it. Once it does mount either follow the onscreen instructions or click on iPod icon in the iTunes window and follow the instructions.

If the above fails... consult a teenager... almost any teenager.