Brand New Mac Mini from Best Buy - 10.5.6??

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by hAkron, Sep 12, 2009.

1. hAkron macrumors newbie

Aug 17, 2009
    Today (September 12th 2009) I picked up a new Mac Mini from Best Buy and I was a little surprised when I fired it up and checked the software version and saw that it was running Leopard and not Snow Leopard. I checked inside of the box and there was no Snow Leopard drop in disc. I still have my unused U2D Snow Leopard from my MacBook (I couldn't wait the extra day for it to arrive so I bought a retail copy for my MacBook). But I was under the impression that there should have at least been a Snow Leopard disc in the box. Maybe I'm wrong though.
  2. celticpride678

Feb 15, 2009
    Boston, MA
    I believe you have to ask for it until it begins being pre-installed on the computer. Take it back and ask for a disc.
  3. Hellhammer Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 10, 2008
    There's a drop in disk if you buy it straight from Apple, otherwise you must use up-to-date promo
  4. calderone macrumors 68040

Aug 28, 2009
    Just a heads up, I bought a CTO Mini from Apple on Sept 7, and it came from China with a 10.6 restore disk. Not a drop in.
  5. old-wiz macrumors G3

Mar 26, 2008
    West Suburban Boston Ma
    Your mini was obviously shipped to Best Buy before Snow Leopard started being installed or having an up to date disk available.
  6. SG1-1 macrumors member

Apr 30, 2009
    Congratulations your Mini Purchase :D

Yes like others have posted you received a Mini before the Snow Leopard Release.

If you contact Apple on the Toll Free Number, They will send you a Drop in Disc for the Cost Of Shipping, Just so you may like to have an extra on top of the U2D From your MacBook.

Enjoy, Have a Great Week. :)
  7. Bobacus macrumors newbie

Jan 28, 2009
    Personally, I would just use the one of the disks that you already have instead of fussing with getting a UTD disk or paying $10 to get one. As I see it, your macbook has Snow Leopard courtesy of the UTD disk, and you have a retail upgrade disk to go with, so I see that as 2 Snow Leopard licenses.