Brand New Mac Pro with Led CD.

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Yakuza, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Yakuza macrumors 6502a

Yakuza

Ok, so here's the thing. A friend of mine ordered a Mac Pro and a Led CD from the portuguese apple store, he recieved about 3weeks or so, ago, and until today it was running like the machine that the Mac Pro is. He spent nearly 4,680.00 USD and he now is almost at heart attack point lolol

He called me today in panic saying that the monitor was dead, or almost dead. He was working on it, whent out for about 5min or so, and when he returned it was already on screensaver, shacked the mouse and when the monitor woke up he described me the symptoms as being all black with thin vertical lines, and between those lines he could se the desktop but in a very fuzzy, cloudy like way. It as 2 graphic boards and in the 2 graphic boards the pictures was the same, so, i guess it's too much of a coincidence 2 dead graphic cards lolol.

Does anybody here had/known a similar case? Can the monitor just die from nothing?

Thanks in advance people

2. gugucom macrumors 68020

gugucom

3. Little Endian macrumors 6502a

If checking the seating of the connectors fails try connecting the LCD cinema display to a laptop or another computer to test the display. I hope its just the cinema display because it would be much more disturbing if it was an issue on the MOBO itself. Could be a driver issue as well..... but that could easily mean doing a clean install which itself is a terrible headache. Anyhow the computer and display should still be under warranty.

4. Yakuza thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yakuza

when you say the seating of the connectors, you mean the final part of the cable that connects to the graphic card, is that it? what does my friend have to search exactly, if there's any pin broken?

5. Yakuza thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yakuza

Aren't there any other possibilities people? Some other way to resolve this situation?

6. bearcatrp macrumors 68000

Well, you have to find out if its a hardware problem or a software problem. As was suggested, plug the monitor into another computer to see if its the monitor. If that works, then make sure the graphics card is seated in the slot properly. Could have been jared loose during shipping. If thats ok, check the connection of the graphics card wires. If all that is ok, then its either the graphics card or the motherboard. I would try another graphics card to make sure its not the mother board. Otherwise, if its under warrenty, take it to an authorized apple store or send it in.

7. Yakuza thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yakuza

Ok, done the test, the monitor as the problem. Today i'm going with him to the only autorized technical repare store of apple here.

My friend sent me an sms today, saying that the monitor of his 2007 MBP failed...

OMFG!

This sh**t is freaky