Brand new Macbook and Office 2004 playing up already!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by acearchie, Sep 1, 2007.

1. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Like in the title bought yesterday!

I have been working on a powerpoint presentation and then I opened iTunes. After closing iTunes and returning to my powerpoint presentation it wouldn't accept my key strokes. It now, on average, takes two hits on the keyboard to register the stroke. This is awful as I need to get this work done!

None of the other applications are affected and I am having no trouble writing this...

I have tried a restart but to no avail!

EDIT: It is now taking aroun 5-6 keystrokes per letter!

2. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

never heard anything like this, is keyboard working fine with other apps? if so, how about try to re-install Office?

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

In System Preferences -> International -> Input Menu...

How many languages do you have enabled? Do you have it set for one input method for all applications, or per-application settings (see the picture below)?

[​IMG]

If that doesn't work, in Universal Access -> Keyboard, are these two features off?

[​IMG]

4. acearchie thread starter macrumors 68040

acearchie

THanks for all your kind concern! I have since figured out the problem!

It was only in the one text box I had created in Powerpoint! It was so strange!

As soon as I created another text box it worked fine!

But the odd thing is, is that the text box in question was working perfectly and then just decided to stop accepting the key strokes!

And even weirder I put the presentation on my pen drive and put it on my old G4 iMac running an older version of office and it did exactly the same thing! But as soon as i opened a new text box I could write in that, but typing was still off in the other box!

Probably the weirdest problem I've had!

Thanks everyone for your help though!