Brand New Macbook, Not Working Properly?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ipodtouchy333, Oct 25, 2008.

1. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Well I just got my first mac which is the 2.4 macbook. I find using safari and firefox to be quite slow. Another thing is that when I go to watch trailers in iTunes and any HD trailers on apple.com they don't play, a black box just appears and sometimes it will even get as far as loading just a little bit and then stopping. Is this normal for a brand new $1600 computer?

2. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

sounds more like network setup/problems then anything else. I would check that. Also if your using Wi Fi check the network using ethernet, just to eliminate the airport card in troubleshooting.

3. nubee macrumors member

Are you talking about the programs themselves, or the internet connection? Because it might just be a coincidence that your internet is having issues.

4. SpEnCeR132 macrumors newbie

check your internet and if that doesnt work then take it to the apple store, they will either fix it or replace it with a brand new one

5. James17 macrumors 6502

I think it may be a problem with your internet. Is your internet fast enough to load HD trailers quickly? Mine would do as you describe, go so far then stop to re-buffer as it's a lot of data.

6. dr. shdw macrumors 6502a