Brand New Macbook Pro 13" Battery

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by theRkid, Jun 15, 2011.

1. theRkid macrumors member

I just bought my Macbook Pro a couple of hours ago. I know the Back to School event starts tomorrow, but the guy at the Apple store said that if it starts within a month they'll give me the gift card without returning anything.

The battery is at 6 hours on 100% battery and steadily dropped from 100% to 97%, it said 5:24, in like two minutes. Is this normal?

I have the brightness up and have flash enabled I think, so could that be the reason for not getting the supposed 7 hours?

Thank You!

2. Surely Guest

Surely

Yes it's normal.

Stop worrying about little percentage changes, and just enjoy your shiny new Mac.:)

Congrats on the purchase.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

4. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

100% normal. The system constantly recalculates the estimated battery time based on your usage. Thus, it isn't uncommon for the battery time to jump around, sometimes by as much as an hour or two. As noted, read the Battery FAQ posted above^^^ and you'll be fine :)

5. PaulyD macrumors 6502

PaulyD

Yep, be true for all laptops and not just macbooks. Thrashing your CPU and battery remaining will show say 1 hour left, stop your task and the battery will suddenly say 3 hours remaining though the percentage will be the same.

6. HellDiverUK macrumors 6502

If it's brand new, it'll take a few charge/discharge cycles for the battery to get it's full capacity.

7. theRkid thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for all of the responses. I got one of the apps suggested in the link, I think it was iStat, and it says the health is at 97% with 0 cycles. That is normal as well I am guessing/hoping?

8. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it's normal. Read the rest of the FAQ and it will answer your questions.