Brand New Macbook Pro 15", crash after 2 weeks, Logic Board it's damage

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by necronet, Sep 17, 2011.

1. necronet macrumors newbie

I already try to discuss this at apple comnity although i did not a comunity answer seems that. so here is the scenario;

A couple of days ago when i couldn't turn my laptop on, so i spoke with apple support told me to go to a Retailer here, on the retailer they basicly diagnosted as the Logic Board it's damage so they need to ask the new piece to apple.

My concern is that i just bought this laptop and it is giving me problems, i do not trust that much on retailer or fix equipement specially for a laptop that is this new i wouldn't mind if this happened two years after i bought but seriously two weeks?

What would you do in my case, what is the best approach in this case?

do i have a way to asure that the retailer won't change any other piece with a used one?

FYI. I am not on the US

2. shoppy macrumors 6502a

Get a replacent machine, or refund and buy again. I would not accept repair, But then I buy new machines all the time and am quite particular.

3. necronet thread starter macrumors newbie

@shoppy this is a Brand New laptop only with 15 days well now a little more than 17 days... but the retailer is saying thaat my waranty cover the piece repair not a refund o new one.... i've talk to Apple and they said the same it will not be covered... i have a way to get it to a Apple Store on the US do you think that is the best ?

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

I simply cannot believe Apple would say that a dead logic board on a 2 week old MBP is not covered. They will definitely repair the machine. When you sell millions of computers, there has to be a certain percentage that will fail quickly - sell 1,000,000 computers, 1% fail, that's still 10,000 failures.

5. yusukeaoki macrumors 68030

yusukeaoki

Get a refund, get it fixed for free, get replaced with a new one.
    Its your call.

I myself would get it replaced rather than getting it fixed.

6. bucckevin macrumors newbie

It's within the return period so you should be able to get a replacement.....practically all stores do this. Once you get it repaired, you're stuck with it so I would get a replacement. If the store doesn't want to replace it with a new one, go to a different store location.

7. cluthz macrumors 68040

cluthz

I've had a few issues with machines before and the easiest way around have been to get Apple to validate the swap after the problem is confirmed. THis way you don't have to discuss with, often less than knowledgable, people at your local store. After apple have validated the swap for a new computer I've gotten a new for free at my local store in exchange for the damaged one.

8. necronet thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks all for your response, well i will have to get it repair... the only way i can get a replacement would be to go to Apple Store which i can do, and the official retailer here will not get me a new one just fix the problem hopefully that will be the last in a long time... which a doubt it, well first expierence with mac was definitely the last one unless i am on the US, next time i'll buy a Dell for real :D !

PS. I talked to apple support again and they would replace my laptop but i have to go to a official apple Store on the US specially because i bought it online.

Thank the forum

9. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

You should return it and get new one better than fix it once you get another one you still have brand new one with new warranty over again....if you choose to have it fixed they usually give you 90 days for this part...the replaced my MBP logic board and gave me 90 days warranty :(

10. necronet thread starter macrumors newbie

@Badrottie actually you still get the whole coverage so i think i get it repair i can't afford to be so long without laptop

http://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro/service/

Does Apple warranty cover my MacBook Pro service?
    For an MacBook Pro under Apple’s One-Year Limited Warranty, Apple warrants against defects that arise from service performed for 90 days from the date of service or for the remaining period of the warranty, whichever provides longer coverage for you. For an MacBook Pro not under Apple’s warranty, Apple warrants against defects that arise from service performed for 90 days from the date of service.