Brand New Macbook Pro 15"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by aresinferno, Feb 4, 2009.

1. aresinferno macrumors regular

I just recieved my brand new macbook pro 15" with 2.53Ghz RAM and 300GB 7200RPM hard drive.

I must say that it is perfect.

Feels very well made.
    No loose battery cover.
    Keyboard is very easy to use despite other people's opinions.
    Software is superb. My first Mac.
    Battery is at 100% capacity.
    So far no dead pixels on this amazing screen.
    Longest battery life i have seen on a laptop.
    Great large trackpad. I could never go back from this.
    Haven't checked for backlight leak but it isn't noticeable even if there was any.

So far perfect. First day though so we shall see. Anyone thinking of holding back because of problems. Don't.

I am so happy :D

2. numbersyx macrumors 65816

numbersyx

Congratulations. Although it can be quite sad that a new buyer has to check off all the "fears" that pervade such a purchase.

Hope it stays that way...

3. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

4. pdxflint macrumors 68020

pdxflint

Congrats! Nice to see a few more happy customers reporting in...! :)

5. Makaveli6103 macrumors 6502

I just got mine today and no problems either. I thought I had a dead pixel..but it was just dust.

6. lazydesi macrumors 6502

congrats on your purchase and welcome to the Mac world

7. angel1823 macrumors newbie

I got my first Mac last Saturday and I'm loving it. So far so good.

The technical support was excellent when I called about a wireless connection problem. My mac wasn't reading the network, the tech guy was very helpful and solved my problem quick.

Coming from a Dell world, the tech support was beyond expectations LOL

8. mcpryon2 macrumors 6502

I hear this all the time, but I've never had anything less than terrific experiences with Dell's support. Whenever I had a problem there was a tech at my house within a few days to fix it, and I live hours from the nearest authorized repair outlet.

Of course, I've only had XPSes for the last few years, which has its own support number. Maybe that's a factor. Apple's phone support is great, though, I will say that.

9. angel1823 macrumors newbie

I haven't had any of Dell's laptops. I do have a desktop and everytime I've called the phone tech didn't know their knee from their elbow - LOL Plus they were not very polite and some of them had such a thick accent you can hardly make out what they were saying.

10. HarleyMan macrumors member

HarleyMan

Just Got a MBP Refurb Here

Congrats on your new Mac. I just got my new 15" MBP 2.4 REFURB today and it too was flawless. Im moving up from an old war horse Powerbook G4 that has been just great.....but I must say this new Pro is unbelievable. Could find nothing wrong with it... was up and running in minutes, and had programs loaded in an hour and a half. Did all the loading and copying on the battery just to see how it faired .... was pleasantly surprised how the battery drained very slowly. One more thing...the old G4 would absolutely fry you with heat... this new MBP has stayed cool, and I mean cool, watching videos, downloading stuff, surfing, and all the file transfers and program installation. Absolutely Great!

11. UltraNEO* macrumors 601

UltraNEO*

Congrats...

Now run Handbreak and crunch something...
    We wanna see your temps. lol

Nah, just joking dude! Have lots of fun with your new Mac! :)

12. jmxp69 macrumors 6502

I don't think he checked off many "fears" that aren't evident in any other laptop purchase.

"Feels very well made" - Observation
    "No loose battery cover." - Fear
    "Keyboard is very easy to use despite other people's opinions." - Observation
    "Software is superb. My first Mac." - Observation
    "Battery is at 100% capacity." - Borderline (but I've seen few legitimate battery issues...most have to do with batteries that stay at 99%, but that's by design to prevent short cycles)
    "So far no dead pixels on this amazing screen." - Fear - but let's be honest, scour ANY laptop forum and you'll have this issue. I've purchased more than 10 laptops of varying makes and that's my greatest fear everytime I open the lid.
    "Longest battery life i have seen on a laptop." - Observation
    "Great large trackpad. I could never go back from this." - Observation
    "Haven't checked for backlight leak but it isn't noticeable even if there was any." - Fear - See dead pixels--same concern.

Not denying these machines have had their fair share of issues, but my daddy told me a long time ago, "son, don't ever by the first run of anything." Best advice I ever got and it's why I have a 17" early 2008. All the bugs are well worked out of this chassis.

To the OP: Enjoy your new machine and remember, it's not a life saving EKG device. It's a computer. Use it, enjoy it, get a scratch on it here or there and don't worry about it.

J

13. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

Congrats mate. I got mine (the previous gen MBP) last July.

14. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Congratulations on your MBP and may you and your splendid new computer live long together and prosper. Take plenty of time to enjoy it, for it is a terrific computer.

Cheers and good luck

15. Hissta macrumors newbie

I decided to resurrect this thread instead of making a whole new one.

I received my Macbook Pro yesterday, and I am, of course, in love.

Pixels are perfect, no cosmetic issues, or anything out of the ordinary so far.

It is my first Mac, and I am stoked. I had to post!

Spec:
    2.53GHz
    250 GB 7200RPM Hard Drive (Replacing with the Seagate 500GB if reviews hold out to be positive).
    Rest of the spec are standard with the machine.

Wheee! =)