Brand New MacBook Pro 17"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by GunsUp, Feb 1, 2012.

1. GunsUp macrumors member

So I just ordered a mbp 17" i7 2.5ghz 8gig ram and 750 gb 7200 rpm from abt.com. Anyone have reccommendations on software/games/tweaks and cautions as well?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Helpful Information for Any Mac User

3. GunsUp thread starter macrumors member

4. jacob11 macrumors member

5. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Hey, welcome back, I remember a while back you were going to buy an iMac? The pro is a great tool though, I have a 17" as well, just add RAM and your good to go.

I seem to remember you were going to be video editing and the like?

6. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum

Good choice, my friend. I've (at one time or another) owned pretty much all sizes of MBP and the 17" is my favourite by a stretch.

7. Comeagain? macrumors 68020

Comeagain?

8. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

At some point in time you may want to consider putting in an SSD. It will transform your machine. I have a nearly 3-year-old MBP 17 which still feels as good as new. I'm itching to upgrade, but have been able to sit on my hands thus far. :)

9. aaron580 macrumors member

Great choice. ^agree on the SSD I will be doing a dual SSD config in my MBP when I get a bit more cash. Might up to a 17" again very soon myself.

10. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

Most will only notice it if they are doing things that move lots of data or are constantly opening and closing apps. For the basic user (web, email, word documents) that never closes anything and just lets their computer sleep, it won't be that drastic of a transformation. My wife's base model 13 works just as quick as my top end 15 with an SSD at retrieving email and browsing the web. I notice no speed difference.