Brand new MacBook Pro, a little miffed...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iNeko, Feb 3, 2009.

1. iNeko macrumors regular

My brand new 2.53GHz Unibody MacBook Pro of awesome arrived today, but I'm a little let down, as it says on the box iLife 08 included... This means I need to fork over more money to get iLife 09, right?

Surely a Mac ordered on Jan 23 should've come with it... The harddrive is currently being zeroed for a nice lean install of 10.5.5, although I thought the new ones shipped with 10.5.6?

The machine itself so far, is flawless, but it only takes one little thing to spoil it...

2. flanamac macrumors 6502

Yeah, you just were caught on the cusp of the release. Is it worth the $10 extra right now? Is iLife 09 really worth it?

3. iNeko thread starter macrumors regular

:eek: It's just the whole expectation of it that was a little flattened - I don't think we get the up-to-date program in the UK, at least I can't find it on the Apple UK site, or I'd gladly pay the fee to upgrade :)

Edit: Aha! found it :) £7.95 - not too bad I suppose

4. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

If you have an Apple store nearby you might drop in and see if they will help you out. In the past Apple has distributed CDs of iLife to their stores to insert into product that hasn't been upgraded yet from the factory. I got iLife 08 last year that way. It's worth a try.

5. iNeko thread starter macrumors regular

:) My nearest Apple Retail is a good couple of hours away. I don't really mind £8 to get it, I was just expecting it in the box! I just clicked on the hardware up-to-date thing, signed in and bought it - weird that I didn't need my serial :confused:

6. Quagmire1088 macrumors newbie

Quagmire1088

he he just read the thread properly so my original post wasn't necessary

7. eldy macrumors 6502

I just received my 15" MacBook Pro too. The iLife '09 update was included in the box but not installed on the hard drive. Did you check all the materials that came in the box?

My compy was shipped January 31 from China but the build date says first week of February.

8. iNeko thread starter macrumors regular

:) Yeah, I went through the box, but no luck - not to worry, I ordered the up to date disk just now! I just can't wait to really test this machine, 5 minutes left of zeroing the drive, then it's lots of installs!

I think the excitement has come back after the brief disappointment :D

9. nazuk macrumors 6502

nazuk

They didn't need your serial, because 'they' already have it. You must have registered when you first switched on your MPB, and that would have sent the registration to Apple servers.

Anyway, they are fab machines, I love mine! - congrats and enjoy.