Brand New MacBook Pro Boot Up Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by D2WO, Sep 15, 2009.

1. D2WO macrumors newbie

Ok, please bear with me but this is going to be long, but it's the only way to get the point across. So on September 4th I received my first Mac, a brand new MacBook Pro. All was going well until a few days later I experienced a few problems. First off, I went to turn it on last Thursday morning and the thing wouldn't boot up, it would chime, show the Apple logo and go to a blue screen and hang there. So I searched these forums and tried everything, but nothing worked. I tried to "Archive and Install" but that didn't work, so I had to "Erase and Install." Then everything went back to normal. Then later that night it did it again. So what I did was call Apple the following morning and they tired everything, PRAM, SMC, Disk Permissions, Verify Disk, Safe Mode and none of that worked so they scheduled me for an appt. at the Apple store. I get there and they think its a HDD issue so they replace my 320GB 7200RPM HDD with a 500GB 7200 for free! Because that is all they had in the back.

So thinking all was fixed, I went home and put back all my backed up files with my external and I forgot to disconnect it after I restarted. So it wouldn't boot. Same blue screen, so I had to re do everything (reformat). Then after that everything went smooth until last night.

Again while at work I ran MacCleanse and restarted it, then BAM same blue screen and nothing worked. Trust me I tried everything. So what I ended up doing was "Archive and Install" Snow Leopard and everything was fixed. However I'm sure this might happen again, and I just want to know what is going on!

If anyone has any idea on what is going on please help me figure it out, this is my first Mac and the transition has been nothing but problems. Thank you and sorry for such a long first post!

2. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

You are still within the first 14 days of purchase, so you should probably go and ask for an exchange with a new MacBook Pro rather than trying to repair the current one.

3. D2WO thread starter macrumors newbie

4. iBookG4user macrumors 604

iBookG4user

Most likely, if an erase and install didn't fix it, that usually leads to it being a hardware issue.