Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nobrainer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am not exactly a pro so apologies if my question sounds daft. How much harm can multi formatting cause the HD or are they harmless?

Upgraded to Lion, downgraded to snow leopard, wrong installation so formatted again and finally used wrong adaptor for charging so yet another format to turn computer on. In total I had to format the MBP 4 times in one week.

Help much appreciated.

Thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
I wouldn't recommend it as a regular habit, but 4 reformats certainly isn't going to hurt anything.

Minhthien

macrumors 6502
Jun 20, 2011
Hi everyone,

I am not exactly a pro so apologies if my question sounds daft. How much harm can multi formatting cause the HD or are they harmless?

Upgraded to Lion, downgraded to snow leopard, wrong installation so formatted again and finally used wrong adaptor for charging so yet another format to turn computer on. In total I had to format the MBP 4 times in one week.

Help much appreciated.

Thanks
I also did this on my SSD for like 10 times! Switching from one mac to another mac! It should be under warranty so if anything happen the company will fix it!

nobrainer

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2011
Thank you for the replies. It's very comforting to know that I did not ruin it just yet :)

randomrazr

macrumors 65816
Jan 1, 2011
stupid question but what does reformatting mean? are you guys like restoring your macs? lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.