Brand New Macbook Pro... iTunes wouldn't transfer...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by casecase10, Oct 12, 2010.

1. casecase10 macrumors newbie

I just got a new macbook pro, I transferred all my information from my old one using an ethernet cable and the normal instructions when I was starting the new computer to transfer data.

EVERYTHING tranferred perfectly, it's exactly the same as my old computer just 100x better. The only problem is my iTunes, I still have all my music in files on my harddrive. If I go to a specific music file and double-click, it will play through itunes, but I can't see anything.

Everything on my itunes LOOKS perfect, all my old playlists are there, it says I have 281 podcasts waiting for me (typical...), but where it should show my library or podcasts or whatever, it's all blank.

Ive tried unstalling and reinstalling itunes. I've tried dragging music into itunes, importing playlists, everything I can think of.

If anybody can help me out I'd really appreciate it.

I'm also not too computer savvy, so lay-man's terms would be appreciated too... :)

Thanks!

2. joei macrumors newbie

I have just recently had the same problem, i called applecare and they had me perform a software update and everything returned to normal. Let me know if that helps your situation, i was transferring from a C2D to i7 15" MBP.

3. stphnman20 macrumors regular

How do I transfer itunes from a pc to a mac? I'm new and this is my first mac.

oh and sorry for the jack. :eek:

4. WesCole macrumors 6502a

If you have iTunes set up to manage your movies, music, etc., just copy your "iTunes" folder from one computer to the other and point iTunes on the new computer to use the folder you just transfered as its library.

5. DJ-R macrumors regular

I gave modifying files from PC to Mac. I just transfer everything and let it play just like that.

Yup my iPhone playlist will be all gone