Brand new Macbook pro keeps turning off

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by fernandoflorez, Jun 17, 2009.

1. fernandoflorez macrumors newbie

Hey guys,

First post here but a long time follower of the forums.

Just bought 3 weeks ago a new macbook pro (bad luck with the recent releases, i know!).

The thing is, it continues to turn off every time o move it with the screen open.

If i move it slowly and carefully something around the battery sound like "clack clack" but if i move it faster it turns off. It's not the baterry since that happens even when i have the power cord connected.

What could be wrong? First mac laptop i have had with this issue and also my first macbook pro.

Thanks!

2. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

There's an accelerometer in it so the hard drive goes off when you move it when it's on as to not damage the spinning hard drive. It's supposed to do that.

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

umm i pretty sure i can move my computer around without it turning off. that is definitely not normal.

could be that your HDD is not seated properly and is moving around quite a bit. either way i would bring it in and have the "geniuses" take a look at it.

4. fernandoflorez thread starter macrumors newbie

I'll take it to an apple store then. It's just too sensitive to movements.

Is it just a HD problem? I'm worried it could be a motherboard thing :S

Cheers!

5. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

well you said that you are hearing the click click sound coming from somewhere near the battery and that is where the HDD is located. so logic says that it is most likely the HDD.