Brand-new MacBook Pro or Refurb?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Element Apple, Oct 25, 2013.

1. Element Apple macrumors newbie

I'm thinking about getting a new MacBook Pro ( I currently have a late 2009 13" model) and I want to get your guys' opinions on what I should do. I'm considering getting a brand new 13 inch retina or a 15 inch retina from February 2013 for about $200ish more. The specs aren't that too far off, except for the battery life difference of an hour (Maverick's might take of that no?). Anyway, your guys' opinions would help me out! Thanks!

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Depends on your uses. But a $200 difference to get quad core processing power, a dedicated graphics card, and more screen space, I would highly recommend the refurb model. The 13" only has dual core processing power and only integrated graphics.

3. Element Apple thread starter macrumors newbie

So then it doesn't make a difference that the new processors are the Haswell ones? Correct me if I'm wrong on that.

4. AGuyInATown macrumors newbie

I'm with sonicrobby, the quad core alone will make all the difference.

5. john123 macrumors 68000

john123

As 15" ones go, the 2.4Ghz Ivy Bridge and the 2.0Ghz Haswell will basically perform the same.

Unless you care about the PCIe storage, TB2, or 802.11ac, the refurb continues to offer excellent value.

And yes, I'm with the posters above about quad core. It's great.