Brand New Macbook won't stop crashing!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrbower9, Mar 1, 2012.

1. mrbower9 macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I bought a macbook pro about a month ago through my school. Basically, as soon as I got it I noticed it seemed to crash whenever I had several programs running an once, or if I was playing a game such as Cod4. I took my computer to the tech guys at my school and they said they would re-install all the software and check the hardware (the name for this escapes me at the moment).

I got my macbook pro back today and as soon as I got home I opened up two word documents and a garageband project for an assignment I was working on... and my macbook proceeded to crash...

I am just wondering if there is any way I can get this to stop, and if anyone else has the same problem. Maybe I need to take it to Apple?

My macbook pro is standard late '11 model running OSX Lion 10.7.3 and is the 13" model.

Thankyou for your help :)

----------

Aha, just remembered my computer was 'rebuilt'.

2. tcphoto macrumors 6502a

tcphoto

Why did it take you so long to get it looked at? I would take it right back to get it looked at again. If they give you a hard time I would ask to return it for a refund and go to an actual Apple Store.

3. mrbower9 thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh, that was because the start of the year is always REALLY hectic. It took me a while to find a suitable time to be without a computer for, because the school is in the process of getting some new loan computers.

4. SurferMan macrumors 65816

What do you mean by 'rebuilt'... you mean you bought a refurb unit? Either way, I would go back to your school and get a replacement/fix/or refund. If they reinstalled OS fresh and other programs, and this issue still happens then most likely it's a hdd on its way out/failing.

5. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Your loss for not returning it within the allotted time.

However, what do you mean by crashing? Is the app crashing or is the entire OS crashing?

You should take it to the Apple Store, since it's under warranty anyways.

6. mrbower9 thread starter macrumors newbie

The tech's at my school told me by 'rebuilt' they were planning on re-installing all my software and my OS, and checking the computer for any 'obvious' problems.

Also, by crashing, I mean the whole OS crashes, as the screen goes black, and the automatically restarts.

7. old-wiz macrumors G3

could it be overheating? Have you checked the system logs? that might give more info.

8. macmastersam macrumors 6502a

i would have also said take the machine to the apple store as well. no one knows an apple better than the geniuses at the apple store.. just dont be one of the unlucky people that turn up at the a. store to find the genuises doing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvX06-rCj2A

:D:D:D:D just joking....lol