Brand new Macbook won't turn on & white screen

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by omocha, Nov 24, 2009.

1. omocha macrumors newbie

I just recieved a new Macbook two days ago. It was working just fine, until last night. I was playing around with iMovie. I took a video that was in .mp4 format, and I was editing it. When I went to play fullscreen, it worked fine. So I went to the video speed, and I tried to type in 150%. Then I tried to play it in fullscreen, and then the screen went white. I could still tab through programs, and when I pressed the on/off button, it gave me options to turn off or restart or whatever. I pressed turn off, and it just stayed there. So I held down the on/off button. It managed to come back on, but it just had a light-blue screen with the Apple icon, and a loading page. It just stayed there and did nothing. I turned it on and off a few more times after that, and then I finally managed to get it to come on after letting it sit for a while.

After all of that, when I finally managed to turn it back on, it wouldn't connect to my internet. I'm about 80% sure there's nothing wrong with my modem or router.

I'm new to Mac computers (this is my first one ever), and I just want to know - what caused this? How can I fix this? Do I need to send it in?

Also, I have Apple support. Thanks.

2. iaddict macrumors 6502

Call Apple

It is a new computer and it should work. Since it isn't, you need to call them. They may be able to walk you through some steps to get it running. If not, will send it back and fix it. They are fast on repairs (at least in my experience). Warranty covers shipping both ways.