Brand New MacPro Cant Run iDVD?!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by stevento, Sep 28, 2007.

1. stevento macrumors 6502

stevento

ok so i got a job as a video editor for my school, LMU. so i finish editing the vid in Final Cut and my boss says, yeah burn it to a dvd. so when i open iDVD it opens, then quits all it about 30 seconds. in fact the app doesn't even appear on screen; it just bounces in the dock, then ten seconds later it shrinks out of the dock. :confused::confused::mad:
    They just installed a brand spakin new $2500 Mac Pro about a month ago (that's not including the monitor and peripherals and terabyte externals and firewire cords) and it cant run iDVD?
    (my year old beater POS macbook can run iDVD perfectly)
    DVD Studio Pro is too robust, and frankly i dont know how to use it. my boss just wants a DVD with the movie, no menus, no no titles no languages no nothing and i frankly dont know how to do that in DVD Studio.... lol
    what a day!

2. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

It's not an issue with the Mac Pro. It's a known iDVD issue. Have you run software update lately??? An update to the entire iLife suite came out two days ago. I had the same problem with iDVD 08, so I had uninstalled it. When the update came out, I re-installed iDVD, then went to software update and let it do it's thing. iDVD is working tip-top now. :D

3. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

basically that just means reinstall it. but you have to follow that to uninstall it.

you might want to try to update it first.

i'm with the OP, i can't use DVD studio either :eek:

4. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Ummmm....not so much. Basically it's a problem with the old themes. I had the same problem and this worked perfectly.

I agree....get the updates, but also look at this.

-Kevin

5. Wild-Bill macrumors 68030

Wild-Bill

I can't either. :p May have to find a "DVDSP" for Dummies book.