Brand New MBP restored using Time Machine - No Audio, No iTunes playback

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bieser23, Aug 4, 2009.

1. bieser23 macrumors newbie

Had my first MBP stolen, so this is a replacement. Restored from a time machine backup which has caused the audio to go on mute, which I cannot disable. Also, my iTunes library is visible, but will not play ( sound wouldnt come out either way but it wont play in the bar where you can see the song progression ). Did a complete software update last night, didnt help. There is nothing else connected to the machine, and the optial issue I have read about on here does not seem to be taking place. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

2. ortuno2k macrumors 6502a

One word: AppleCare.

Sorry I can't be of any more help man, but they are probably the best ones to help you.

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Most likely driver/file problem. You probably using the current MacBook Pro but you had a previous generation that got stolen. Basically what you did was put everything from the old MacBook Pro and replaced it on the new one which will raise some sort of conflict because the hardware is different. It could be another problem but can't think of any other ideas at the moment.