Brand new MBPr battery

kerneltye

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2013
I just purchased a 15" mid-2012 MBPr. It's been working wonderfully so far, but I'm concerned about the battery. I've had it for 3 days and when it's "charged," it is listed at 99% battery. This morning, after charging it/letting it sleep all night, the "charged" battery is listed at 97%. Should I be concerned, and if so, what can I do? I'd hate to have to take it in for a battery replacement so soon after I got it.

I'm letting it run off the battery for now to see if I can recalibrate it. But I'm a bit paranoid, especially since I just got the computer.

Arcsylver

macrumors member
Oct 6, 2011
Chicago, IL
According to the help files on my rMBP

t’s normal for a battery with over 95 percent charge not to charge anymore. Your battery may not charge up to 100 percent.
This was found by typing in the term battery into Spotlight and selecting the help file titled "Monitor your portable computer’s battery"

Krazy Bill

macrumors 68030
Dec 21, 2011
I'm letting it run off the battery for now to see if I can recalibrate it. But I'm a bit paranoid, especially since I just got the computer.
Ignore the silly-assed battery readouts. Exactly how much time are getting from a charge? (by your watch).