Brand new retina Dead

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nstabl, Aug 1, 2012.

1. nstabl macrumors newbie

Bought a retina yesterday, installed steam earlier, and it went to sleep and never woke back up. Went to apple, they gave me some BS story about the power management system and said they'll reset it and I'll be ok - it messed up again right in front of the dude and he quickly said he's just gonna get me another one. Has this happened to anyone else?

2. gentlefury macrumors 68030

they're replacing it, why are you acting like they are trying to con you? First step is diagnostics. Once that fails they will replace it.

3. bounou macrumors 6502

bounou

Guy is just asking a question man, don't you think you are being a little hard on him?

I habe 2 of these with a third one on the way and so far I have nothing but good things to say

4. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I'm not being hard on anyone. The OP is coming off like the guy at the apple store was trying to con him out of something, when he was only doing his job and making sure a replacement was justified.

5. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

No, I think he may be a tad upset that his brand new, state of the art $2200+ laptop suddenly died on him. I believe I would be, too.