Brand new retina Dead

nstabl

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 13, 2012
Bought a retina yesterday, installed steam earlier, and it went to sleep and never woke back up. Went to apple, they gave me some BS story about the power management system and said they'll reset it and I'll be ok - it messed up again right in front of the dude and he quickly said he's just gonna get me another one. Has this happened to anyone else?

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Bought a retina yesterday, installed steam earlier, and it went to sleep and never woke back up. Went to apple, they gave me some BS story about the power management system and said they'll reset it and I'll be ok - it messed up again right in front of the dude and he quickly said he's just gonna get me another one. Has this happened to anyone else?
they're replacing it, why are you acting like they are trying to con you? First step is diagnostics. Once that fails they will replace it.

bounou

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2012
they're replacing it, why are you acting like they are trying to con you? First step is diagnostics. Once that fails they will replace it.
Guy is just asking a question man, don't you think you are being a little hard on him?

I habe 2 of these with a third one on the way and so far I have nothing but good things to say

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Guy is just asking a question man, don't you think you are being a little hard on him?

I habe 2 of these with a third one on the way and so far I have nothing but good things to say
I'm not being hard on anyone. The OP is coming off like the guy at the apple store was trying to con him out of something, when he was only doing his job and making sure a replacement was justified.