Brand new retina Macbook pro, dented.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macmark93, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Macmark93 macrumors member

Macmark93

Hi , I ordered a laptop from amazon about a month ago. I have had the machine a small while with no problems. Today i decided to give it a clean and noticed their is a small dent on the front of it.It is hard to see as you can only really see it when its titled at an angle with good light, but its definitely a dent. I bought this laptop new from amazon and am very disappointed, i guess it must of happened in the delivery I am extremely careful with my machine and even put it back in the box when i am not using.

Luckily its a amazon fulfilled item , so they will refund me in full. I have no excuses for amazon, nobody should fork out over £1300 for a computer and have even a scratch on it never mind a small dent. Has anybody else had issues like this, as I am debating if or not to buy another one of their if i get my refund.

Also, i believe I have dead pixels, very disappointed, but glad I did my homework before offering and made sure its a safe purchase. A lot of places probably wouldn't even refund me. :(

----------

Ordering *

2. momo77735 macrumors newbie

Yeah had dents,blemishes, speaker holes missing, yellow screens. I noticed them as soon as I got it though. Apple ordered me a new one and let me keep the old one until I received the new unit. Had to do about 6 exchanges.

Still didn't get a perfect laptop but I gave up after the 6th attempt.

Apple were really easy to deal with though. They ordered me new ones without any hassle.

edit: ahh should point out mine was direct from Apple not Amazon.

3. lionkin macrumors regular

lionkin

Get refund and order another one.

4. Macmark93 thread starter macrumors member

Macmark93

Thanks. ive sent it away this morning and if all goes well will get a refund within 3 days. I did request a replacement however amazon informed me that that wasint and option as its an amazon fulffiled item. Loved that laptop to :(, oh well another one will need to be bought. I may wait as the new macs will be here, depends on how much i need one now. Back to the old iphone for now n samsung galaxy :(