Brand new speakers not working!!!

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by jshelton, Dec 1, 2009.

1. jshelton macrumors 6502a

Just got my Creative Inspire T12s in. I hooked them up to my MBP and powered them up. The left speaker isn't working. I checked the L/R balance in iTunes and everything looks fine. There is an audio cable that connects to the MBP, and a cable that connects from the left speaker to the right speaker.

Any ideas?

2. skorpien macrumors 68020

Test with another source. If it does not work, it's your speakers. Otherwise, it's your MBP.

3. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Try with different cables and sources. If those both fail its likely that your unit has defects.

4. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

I connected my iPhone and the speaker still didn't work. I called Apple, and they told me to contact Creative. I couldn't find a telephone number anywhere on Creative's website. All I could find where self help tech support options. I called Apple back and they just did a refund and I purchased a new set. I am shipping the original speakers back today.

What a hassle. Is Creative a low quality brand or something?

5. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

No.
    But DOA does happen…

6. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

Touché.

7. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

To be clear, Creative makes a wide variety of speakers in terms of quality - but I don't think there is a known pandemic of DOA units from them.

8. lildimsum7 macrumors regular

Wow, this happened to me too. I've only had this thing for about 3 days and used it maybe an hour total. How cheap are these products...

9. jshelton thread starter macrumors 6502a

I actually shipped the defective speakers back and got another pair. They work great! I just happened to get a bad set. At least there is a 1 year warranty if you decide to keep them. Good luck!