Brand new white iPhone 4 keeps shutting off and rebooting

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by logan809, Jun 14, 2011.

1. logan809 macrumors newbie

My less than a week old white iPhone 4 is already having problems. About the 4th day i had it, it began to shut off and reboot itself maybe 1-2 times a day. Now, it does it as often as every couple of minutes, and sometimes it wont even turn back on for an hour or so. I've tried to restore it multiple times, but the phone shuts off before it can ever come close to finishing. If i have the phone open when it shuts off, the screen fades away to black, sometimes with a red or yellow horizontal line across the screen. Other times it shuts off in my pocket or wherever. Like I said, this phone is BRAND new. Any ideas on whats wrong with the thing?

2. ann713 macrumors 6502a

The unit is not jailbroken, correct? As it is less than a week old, that is very unusual behavior. Sounds like a lemon. You need to immediately schedule a Genius appointment at the Apple store. They'll swap it out for you I'm sure.

3. logan809 thread starter macrumors newbie

Nope it's not jailbroken, and yeah that's what I figured. Definetely got a lemon haha. iPhones haven't been very nice to me lately...

4. el.jeffe58 macrumors member

el.jeffe58

I concur exactly! I think you can call AppleCare as it is under warranty for a year (I think) for something like this; well, at least 30 days right everyone?

They will swap it, ask for overnight delivery, they should give it to you; they will ask you to pay 29 bucks for that or so but u'll get a new phone. 800-694-7466 (A-Care)- Call on a land line they will ask you to reset it I am sure.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

if your close to a Apple store take it in. they will take care of you. no electronics come out a 100% all the time. Apple foes great customer service wise. good luck