Brando Screen Shields??

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by techdude6693, Jan 22, 2011.

1. techdude6693 macrumors 6502

I have a question for you guys. So this one user on one of my videos is saying the best the screen shields out there are brando... I've never heard of that company, have any of you? He claims that its the best and far surpasses Power Support and SGP...

2. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

Far surpass how so? Quite honestly "most" screenshields are just about the same quality in my experience. I'ved used all kinds, nice ones ordered online, bought from legit store, fake cheapies and I really can't tell much difference. Currently using a "cheapie" matte that works perfect.

edit - also how much are the ones your talking about? price definitely should be taken into account. would you rather have 1 "10" or 5 "2s" lol :p jks

3. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

well the guy on the video says its $4.76, but on their website, it says $18 for two..

4. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

5 is pretty much standard price for a cheap screenshield 18 seems a bit expensive. maybe u shud cop em and do a video review comparison.

5. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

Don't really wanna buy more screen protectors... Still have a bunch lying around that came with cases, along with some power support ones

6. TEHi macrumors regular

I swap screen shields every 2 weeks. I ordered about 18 in amazon, 6 for $3 shipped. No need to waste $5 for each, as there is no difference between the cheap and "genuine" ones, you pay more for the brand and a prettier box. That's all. They all get scratched after time, they all bubble if not installed correctly.

7. guccigucci88 macrumors 6502a

guccigucci88

ahah yeah true same here

8. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Have a link for that? Sounds good

9. TEHi macrumors regular

10. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Seen as nobody has heard of them on here, I am slightly suspicious! I'm sticking with SGP, Zagg, Wrapsol etc :)

11. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

So I made a phone call to my POC who sends me stuff for review, sample, and just because. She hasn't ever received any of them or anything from the company, which to me is odd. She has had at one point pretty much everything that is available as a wide released product or at least something from basically every company that is looking for publicity, which is every case company.

I would suspect that the screen shields are low quality sold at a high price if they didn't even send out samples to the press. Their site reminds me of sw-box or one of the other knock off sites. I would avoid but that is just my opinion.

12. obyte macrumors regular

I thought it was the korean/japan screen protector brand but that is Befine.

13. 3gbuff macrumors member

Ive tried Brando Screen sheilds for Iphone 3G and the quality is top notch. It lasted on my Phone for more than 6 months and stayed in place without lifting. Scratches were kept to a minimum as well. Very good product.

That being said, i cant say if the Iphone 4 models are the same quality...

14. techdude6693 thread starter macrumors 6502

But then again, a lot of screen protectors can last that long in that condition. I used a screen shield that came with my Incipio Feather for almost a year.