Brawl Online?

Discussion in 'Console Games' started by spyker3292, Mar 9, 2008.

1. spyker3292 macrumors 65816

My internet on my Wii has been perfect until Brawl. When I try to go to a standard match I just get error 85010 and it quits. Anyone else had problems like this?

2. Rhinestorm macrumors member

Happened to me too. I think that it's because so many people are trying to play Brawl online today that the servers are packed up and possibly shut down or something.

3. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Hopefully, I thought it was weird because I got in 2 matches but on the second match it had major lag near the end an quit. Ever since I haven't gotten in on a match.

4. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

This is about tech help not scheduling games and such.

EDIT: opps! :( double post, sorry

5. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

I know, I just pointed you to that thread since some people had problems with online.

6. SamIchi macrumors 68030

SamIchi

I got the same message but tried again and it worked. Played a bunch of matches with friends, but was completely laggy, crap laggy, I hope that improves. I can't play like that.

7. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

I got in one match, no lag! Then haven't been able to get it to work (disconnect while waiting for people to join), then couldn't even get to the online menu, then same as before.... Nintendo doesn't know how to do online services...

8. RichL macrumors 6502

Ah, it just came out. Give them a day or two to fix the junk.
    A friend of mine is saying the online is really laggy.

-Rich L.

9. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

We should have known that with all the hassle of friends codes... ;)

But seriously,

Did they not beta test the bloody thing ? Or if they did - did they only do it in house on their 100mb connections ? :rolleyes:

Seriously the talk that Nintendo may charge for online gaming in the future when this their main 'pinnacle' online game for 2008 is seemingly suffering already makes me :rolleyes:

Can Nintendo even offer patches online to sort these kind of things ? They haven't done so in the past ?

10. GFLPraxis macrumors 604

GFLPraxis

Online's horrible ATM, but it's launch day. The traffic volume has got to be enormous, and I doubt they prepared for this much.

If it's still like this in a couple of days, THEN I'll get annoyed.

The lag I'm getting is odd though. It's not choppiness. Everything plays slowly. It's just every button press is about a second or two delayed. I press jump and wait a second before my character actually does it. I still win most matches in this fashion because I have decent timing and I assume my opponents are encountering the same lag, but it's annoying. Also, it takes forever to find random opponents.
    There's no mechanism to do so. They couldn't release a patch if they wanted to...

11. Antares macrumors 68000

Antares

I have yet to be able to do any random matches. I stay on the sandbag screen and it eventually kicks me off Wi-Fi.... I can be a spectator to matches, though.

12. RichL macrumors 6502

If you want quality online like Xbox Live then paying a fee shouldn't seem so surprising. They can't drop tons of money in an online service without charging for it. That's just sort of how the world works.

-Rich L.

13. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

PSN is free, and it is a hell of a lot better than what Nintendo offers as far as an online experience goes. Your "They can't drop tons of money in an online service without charging for it." comment is flawed, Nintendo is making money on every system sold, they could more than afford to give away a better online experience.

They just need to do away with the mutated DS WiFi network on the Wii and interoduce gamer tags. Of course they won't do that cause it doesnt protect the children *cough bull******

14. Zwhaler macrumors 603

Zwhaler

Is that seriously why Nintendo won't get user ID's? Woooowww..... Lame! Luckily I have a PSN, and others here have Xbox Live. so we can enjoy our gamertags. Wii owners should petition to have usernames

15. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Brawl slows the entire game down if someone's lagging, so that the play remains fair.

16. spyker3292 thread starter macrumors 65816

Still not working... Well I guess I can wait. I still have 4 more levels of Subspace Emissary to beat, 5 more characters to unlock, and 10 (probably less) levels to get :D.