BreakClassic Free to $.99?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Inukami, Aug 3, 2008.

1. Inukami macrumors 6502

Hey i noticed that BreakClassic is rated #1 on the pay application yet i got mine for free a few days ago, it was under the free application as a game. So what happened o.o

2. atluten macrumors 6502

3. SwiftLives macrumors 65816

SwiftLives

Long Answer: A lot of iPhone app developers are seeing how popular their free apps are, and deciding that they should charge a small fee for them and make a little money.

Short answer: Supply & Demand. (Specifically demand)

4. Inukami thread starter macrumors 6502

So i should consider myself lucky, i saved $.99

=D

5. atluten macrumors 6502

Haha same here, I'm glad I got it before it changed into a paid app.

6. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

Im another lucky consumer that got away with paying nothing for this one. It sure beats the Jirbo version.

In my opinion an app that starts out free should stay that way unless they make some sort of upgrade. In this case more levels would be great. I was pretty disappointed when I breezed through the entire game in less than an hour (dentist waiting room).

7. applebottom macrumors newbie

I have seen quite a few apps change from free to paid. I have a ton of useful/semi-useful free apps all saved on my iTunes so whenever they become paid I will still have them :D

8. noisebleed macrumors regular

... he only gets .77 and... why the hell would you buy this app? lol... go buy a better game.

9. cyclingplatypus macrumors 6502a

cyclingplatypus

For $.99 it is still a good game, better than some of the games that are twice the price...that said I was also one of the ones that got it for free, I think when I downloaded it said "free for a limited time".

10. gts197 macrumors regular

what happens if you deleted an app that was free but now its paid. do you get charged for it if you redownload or does it work the same like when you delete a paid app and try to re download it?

11. Daiden macrumors 6502a

Daiden

You own the app so you can download it for free whenever you want.

12. QuarterSwede macrumors G3

QuarterSwede

I can back this claim up. I recently lost my data (long story) and had to migrate to my wife's MB. In doing so I forgot to Authorize iTunes on her computer to allow my music to play. I synched my iPhone and it started deleting apps (because they weren't authorized). Once I authorized iTunes I tried getting "Tip" (love it) which was free when I downloaded it and went paid afterwards. I clicked buy and it noticed that I had already "purchased it" and asked me if I wanted to download it for free. Apple got this part of the store right if you ask me.

13. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

What he said.

Note that if the developer relists the application, then you will get charged.

Most developers simply change the price, though.

14. njguyfla macrumors member

I got break lite. It only goes to level 8. I am looking for the full version to see how much it is but I can't find it.

15. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Dev needs to change the name to Break Free Classic.