Breaking in new battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by SSpiro, Mar 2, 2010.

1. SSpiro macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

Receiving new battery tomorrow.

Any good links or tips on how to best break this new battery in properly upon installing? Will be replacing the original battery that came with, which has about 65% health @ 389 cycles. Lasts about 35 minutes before completely shutting off.

I've read tons of threads but nothing really helpful..

2. SSpiro thread starter macrumors 6502a

SSpiro

3. m85476585 macrumors 65816

You don't need to do anything. Just start using it.

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

People need to stop worrying about their laptops and just use them.

5. Nein01 macrumors 6502

Nein01

+1

someone actually made a nice post recently detailing exactly how new battery tech works best when you "just use it", and busted a few myths in the process.

6. Corrode macrumors 6502a

Corrode

I think it's more of a personal mindset to get to the point where you just have to use your lappy and not worry about the battery. When you get a brand new MacBook, many people can't help but baby it, including the battery. Once the novelty wears off, then I think people are more willing to care less about their battery and it's life.

At least, that's what I went through.

7. Pax macrumors 6502a

I guess it's human nature, it's a fairly expensive lump sum, people want to feel like they can maximise the lifespan of that investment. Also they want to feel in control of their destiny. And try to preserve the New! Shiny! for as long as possible (I know I do - it always comes as some kind of relief when I finally put a ding in it, it means I can relax)

I guess the brutal truth is the only thing you can really do to maximise lifespan of your computer is not to spill coffee on it or drop it. After that you are in the lap (ha!) of Apple, Intel, Foxconn.