Breaking News - The Worm Turns

wiz7dome

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2003
Ok. Now everybody pay attention to how quickly they say "Macintosh computers not effected."

Comment

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
My iBook is sitting back watchin the cnn report sippin' his margarita....what a life! :)

Comment

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
This one is serious!
Among those hit were offices on Capitol Hill and media organizations, including CNN, ABC and The New York Times.
They are calling this one worm-rbot.cbq and they say it may have been derived from the Zotob worm.

I will continue merrily working while my coworkers are scurrying around installing patches.

Comment

wiz7dome

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2003
CNN SUCKS!!!

Nothing new. One of the anchors just said that "even if your using a mac you're not safe"

Good grief.

*edit* spelling errors.

Comment

Doctor Q

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 19, 2002
Los Angeles
wiz7dome said:
Nothing new. One of the anchors just said that "even if your using a mac you're not save"
It's true. We could be hit by panicked Windows 2000 users running down the street! :eek:

Comment

FocusAndEarnIt

macrumors 601
May 29, 2005
My step mom aka C R A Z Y step mom runs Windows 2000, and works for John Deere (she's a programmer) and she would be FREAKING out right now if her machine got shut down, but it's not because she has a Deere's security, and damn, it's good security, as all I know from her, she tells me how many labs they have of security and stuff, quite interesting.

Comment

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Yet another virus invasion for poor afflicted peecee users....

...Oh well, I am just glad that I am smart enough to use Mac OS X! :)

Comment

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
I love when this kind of thing happens...because it just makes me feel sooooo proud of my Macs, and I just LOVE to rub it in PC users face's! :D

Comment

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
Well, I'm glad I switched. Now, to start working on the rest of the family. Hee hee hee.... :D

Comment

zflauaus

macrumors 65816
Nov 19, 2004
dmw007 said:
Best of luck on your worthy crusade my friend. :)
Thanks, I'll need it. I'll just say two sentences to my family members, "Guess What is awesome about the Mac? No spyware, no viruses, no problems."
:D

Comment

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
zflauaus said:
Thanks, I'll need it. I'll just say two sentences to my family members, "Guess What is awesome about the Mac? No spyware, no viruses, no problems."
The same phrase that I love to tell people-
they usually just stare at me and utter in amazement, "no viruses!!!"

Comment

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Doctor Q said:
It's true. We could be hit by panicked Windows 2000 users running down the street! :eek:
Very good Doctor Q, that was quick thinking. It gave me a nice chuckle. When will they learn. Guess that CNN anchor didn't receive the memo about a Mac.

Comment

The_Man

macrumors 6502
Jun 10, 2005
It really give you a nice warm feeling knowing that you have a mac. I like to see stories like this to help wake up the PC world. Someone today was asking me about a laptop and I recommonded an iBook. She was astounded by the fact that it cant get virus'. I might have switched her.

Comment

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
The_Man said:
It really give you a nice warm feeling knowing that you have a mac. I like to see stories like this to help wake up the PC world. Someone today was asking me about a laptop and I recommonded an iBook. She was astounded by the fact that it cant get virus'. I might have switched her.
Good job on the potential convincing of someone to switch!

Comment

hayduke

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2005
is a state of mind.
How would you know...

...you had the virus? The article states:

"Symptoms include the repeated shutdown and rebooting of a computer."

Isn't that the NORMAL operating mode? ;) Is that really a symptom? This "virus" sounds benign to me! :eek:

Comment

florencevassy

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2004
Princeton, NJ
hayduke said:

Isn't that the NORMAL operating mode? ;) Is that really a symptom? This "virus" sounds benign to me! :eek:

:) :cool: :D Good point! So glad I am a Mac user..... :cool:

Comment

Sharewaredemon

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2004
Cape Breton Island
hayduke said:

hahaha!

so true!

well put!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.