Breath...how often do you?

MisterBigMack

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2012
just wondering....

I get the notification a couple times a day (I know you can modify it, but I just leave it as it is)

I do go through it when I’m relaxed - not quite sure it does actually relax me though!

What about everyone else? Is it a useless feature in everyone’s eyes?

doasis23

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2012
I turned off the notification ever since it was introduced. Haven’t used it once. Same with the stand reminders.

Reactions: Jumpie

millerj123

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
I was doing one a day, but then missed a few weeks. I’m trying to get back to one a day.

matrix07

macrumors 603
Jun 24, 2010
I turned off the notification ever since it was introduced. Haven’t used it once. Same with the stand reminders.
I’ll never turn stand notification off, it’s too important, but I have turned Breathe off. Not sure what good it do to my body but I guess if Apple has a ring for Breathe just like for stand I might do it daily. :p

cwanja

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
Texas
Do it when I can, dismiss it when I cannot. Will not turn it off, as I think it is a good reminder. It is easy to dismiss and move on.

Reactions: millerj123

rgyiv

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2018
I have it turned on for the max notifications. I probably only do it once or twice a day though, if that. Just like to have the option there for a quick start, otherwise, I just dismiss it. And I really like the stand reminders. If I get the notification at work and I'm not in a meeting, I immediately get up and walk around.

MisterBigMack

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 23, 2012
Yeah thanks for the replies everyone - I just didn’t know if there’s is a scientific reason why sitting down and breathing keeps you more healthy - is it just a tool for you to chill out and relax for people who don’t chill out?

iSheep5S

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2013
Scotland
Yeah thanks for the replies everyone - I just didn’t know if there’s is a scientific reason why sitting down and breathing keeps you more healthy - is it just a tool for you to chill out and relax for people who don’t chill out?
Google the benefits of meditation.

Briefly, your brain is running all the time.. if you jogged all day long you would take a break cause you physically feel it. Basically meditation is a brain break for the monkey brain that is always looking for stimuli. I could write a novel here but that’s the long and short of it. If you want to research it more, look up the paneal gland, connecting to the universe and inner peace.

OllyW

Staff member
Oct 11, 2005
The Black Country, England
It was the first thing I turned off when I got my Apple
Watch. I found it very irritating as it seemed to come up at the most inappropriate and inconvenient times. :(

Jumpie

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2008
Atlanta
just wondering....

I get the notification a couple times a day (I know you can modify it, but I just leave it as it is)

I do go through it when I’m relaxed - not quite sure it does actually relax me though!

What about everyone else? Is it a useless feature in everyone’s eyes?
My body already knows when to breathe so that's useless

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.