Bric+ for iPhone 6 plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by yondertwins392, Oct 9, 2014.

1. yondertwins392 macrumors member

Has anyone heard of the Bric+ Extreme case for the iPhone 6 plus?
    http://www.bricplus.com

I'm looking for an aluminum bumper style case but I also want it to be water resistant. I just find it interesting that this case in particular doesn't looks to be water resistant at all, but it is for the iPhone 5 and 5s. $105 seems like a lot for just an aluminum bumper. Any thought or alternatives?

2. CoyoteRidge macrumors member

Looks spectacular to me. Very worthy of further research. Thanks.

3. yondertwins392 thread starter macrumors member

Welcome! My main goal is find a case that adds regidity while being at least somewhat water resistant. Which is why I'm looking at real aluminum bumper cases.

4. Matt- macrumors member

Have you looked at Element Case? The Sector 5 case for 5/5s is really premium and are doing it for the 6/6+ too but not released for a while I think.

5. yondertwins392 thread starter macrumors member

Haven't heard of them but now I know. Thanks! Looks like they're concentrating on the 6 first, so you're right it might be a while. :S

6. burntice macrumors member

The more I look at that Bric the more i like it. Going to wait until Lifeproof releases their designs as their 15 second video is very unimpressive, but Bric is certainly in the competition.

7. yondertwins392 thread starter macrumors member

Same thoughts for me. Initially I didn't like it, but it starts to grow on you. Just sucks that most companies like Lifeproof and Elementcase are taking forever to come out with a case for the 6+.

8. burntice macrumors member

Have you been able to find any real world reviews for their 5 cases?

I haven't been able to figure out how the openings for the power & ear piece prevent water. I had the nuud lifeproof for my 5s and really like the flap for the power and screw for the ear piece. If its a separate piece that fits in that would be a deal breaker for me as I would lose it for sure.

I currently have a 6 Plus space grey and really liking the charcoal & brown.

9. yondertwins392 thread starter macrumors member

Nope, they don't seem to be well advertised but I did some research and it looks like they started as a kickstared project when the 5 came out. I have found no reviews on their 5 cases.

This is what confuses me because if you look at the 5 cases, it looks like they have a flap that covers the ports similar to the Lifeproof cases. I did get a reply for questions I had and stated that it is not waterproof nor water resistant so I'm having hard time justifying the $105 pricetag now.

10. burntice macrumors member

Wow I agree if it isn't waterproof it doesn't warrant that price tag. Its a beautiful case from the pictures but price point is way off. Not interested in being a $105 guinea pig. Hopefully Lifeproof will at least release some additional pictures in the near future.

11. arftech macrumors regular

arftech

Got to admit the case looks good. It won't be for everybody but I can see myself getting this. It offers everything that I want in a case. Protection (I drop stuff), functionality and aesthetics.

12. Polo2883 macrumors regular

I think it needs a holster for some people. I would only use that case when I worked on the ambulance or on the fire truck. Other than that I think it might be too bulky.

13. yondertwins392 thread starter macrumors member

14. LessO2 macrumors regular

The looks of it take a bit to get used to, but the more I look at it, the more I like it.

I don't need 100% waterproof protection, but for $105, that seems pretty steep to not have any.

It looks like a nice case, but I also have difficulty understand how it has drop protection.

Disclaimer: I've only used Otterbox Defender cases before.

15. CoyoteRidge macrumors member

I was so impressed that I preordered two for the 6. Gold and Silver with black core. Thank you again!!!

16. jettrue macrumors regular

jettrue

I like that. It's industrial looking but I love the open front/back, wondering about how recessed it is though, going from screen edge to screen edge. I like the blue that's offered for the 5s version better.