[BRIC+]xtreme: ARMOR FOR YOUR IPHONE

newone757

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2011
Pretty excessive. You'll have to sacrifice wide headphone and charger port compatibility, not to mention I'd bet the speaker will be extra muffled with that case on

Jizzles

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 12, 2010
Very true on both cases.

My view on it is to replace a future lifeproof case. They're great but the seals needs to be extra clean and it seems like it wears and tears fast. My ip5 nuud case let in some water while I was taking some quick underwater shots. It was tested few weeks ago with the plastic phone so I'm not too sure what happened.

Anyway I'm moving to Miami soon and I figured a case like this would be much better for those beach/pool days. It would not be my everyday case so the speaker and charging port wouldn't be too big of a problem. Hopefully some reviews come out once they are released.

alice.c

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2013
I bought one of these on kickstarter,

they don't work!! don't buy (if you think it will be waterproof), it will not seal at all

newone757

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2011
Very true on both cases.

My view on it is to replace a future lifeproof case. They're great but the seals needs to be extra clean and it seems like it wears and tears fast. My ip5 nuud case let in some water while I was taking some quick underwater shots. It was tested few weeks ago with the plastic phone so I'm not too sure what happened.

Anyway I'm moving to Miami soon and I figured a case like this would be much better for those beach/pool days. It would not be my everyday case so the speaker and charging port wouldn't be too big of a problem. Hopefully some reviews come out once they are released.
Yeah it is definitely seems like a scenario-based case--only to be used when needed.

I bought one of these on kickstarter,

they don't work!! don't buy (if you think it will be waterproof), it will not seal at all
Great feedback! Can you elaborate a bit more on your overall experience?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.